~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Friday, August 7, 2009

creeping up on 3

I don't remember too much about being 2 1/2. I can draw the floor plan of the house we lived in...I remember that my brother (then 4) lifted me up on his shoulders to break the paint stir stick paddle my folks kept above the picture frame...and I remember singing "Celebrate good times...' at the top of my lungs while driving to swimming lessons...I remember opening the door while my mom was driving and almost falling out. But few other memories remain.

I have no idea what Admiral will remember this coming year as he creeps up on his 3rd birthday next month. But I want him to remember this:

You speak in full complete, quite intelligent sentences. You say phrases like:

"hey guys, wait for me."
"...very funny, you crack me up"
"come on over and spend some time with me"
"you're my best friend"
"you don't like me anymore"
and you repeat many times a week,
"Papa buys me pancakes and sausage for breakfast" because you love it when Grandpa takes you on your turn for breakfast on Saturday morning to 'uncle donalds' (McDonald's in case I ever forget and you think we have an uncle Donald : ).

You mimic EVERYTHING!!! Movie lines, songs, anything Adalie says, anything anyone asks you to say....and you love to show me your "happy face". You have gotten where you can stop yourself from crying in a terrible fit, and say "hey mom, look at my happy face, I'm not crying anymore". And you are so proud of it. You love to nap, and when you do, you sleep for around 3-4 hours. Today I had to wake you after an hour, and you kept telling us all night "I'm tired, I just want to lay down and take a nap".

Your favorite foods are pizza, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, grapes and fruit snacks. You favorite veggies are broccoli, salad, tomatoes, green beans and corn. You used to LOVE asparagus but not so much anymore. And you still really like hummus and guacamole.

I love you little man! I look forward to seeing what you will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment