Today I played Russian Roulette, not on myself, but on my daughter. At least that is how it felt. I am not in favor of immunizations. Honestly....not any at all. If these diseases that they were immunizing for were rampant, then maybe I would feel differently. I realize there is the 'well, the reason they aren't, is because there are immunizations'. OK, fine. Then the ones who want to get them, can, and those of us who don't - aren't at risk, because they aren't out there anymore. Because we have chosen to place the kids in preschool for this year - and only this year - before home school, we have to get the immunizations up to date. I have done plenty of research, and it boils down to 'who you gonna believe'. I will never believe that the federal government is looking out for us. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Aaron is all for the immunizations - and he is the leader of this house, so I get them for the kids. I did go so far this time as getting the 'Opt Out' form, just in case. But Addie only needed the second round of what she has already received, and so I went ahead with it, rather than bending Aaron's ear one more time. Plus, I was thinking, how do I sign the form, when we have already had some of the shots. Would they question that more heavily? Thankfully soon they will not be in the school system and we can avoid this whole debate for a while.
I just don't know what the long term effects of these immunizations are. Not to mention the short term. I am already concerned about her speech - what caused that (if anything)? Could it have been preventable? What does high doses of poison actually do to their tiny bodies? And how to we 'treat our bodies as temples of Christ' and then pump this into it?
Oh well, it is done for now. Hopefully I can spare them from anymore, and thank the Lord for watching out for them today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment