• The children...being children have begun to hide things from us...and stop doing (with a jerk) whatever they were doing wrong when we walk in the room. So today I was explaining (again) that they are to obey us, because God said to, it is honoring to Him when they do. And in that, even if we aren't around, He always is. He is watching them, and he knows their hearts. To which Admiral replied, "if we disobey Jesus, will he put us in jail".
• The other day I promised to take the kids to the park. We had an hour to kill before Adalie's therapy, so I was teaching them how to run efficiently. I kept reminding them to 'pump their arms' and keep them at their sides. There was a sidewalk that went in a serpentine pattern around the play equipment, and they would race around. On one of the times around, Admiral was concentrating so hard that he was surprised to see me cheering for them. He tried to wave, and when he did, he fell off the sidewalk. From my angle it looked like he hit his head on the corner of the concrete, and I ran over as fast as possible (pumping my arms of course : ) and when I reached him, he said "it doesn't look like I am going to win the race". no honey, not this one.
• Adalie and I were having an argument about going to Texas. She asked me if we could pack our things for Thanksgiving (this was more than a week ago) and I told her no, we need to use them until then. She started crying and said she wants to move there. I explained to her why we couldn't. And she sat on her bed to pray - to ask Jesus to help her. I am thinking, great, she will pray for contentment, self-lessness or one of the traits we have been working on. But no, she sat down and prayed "please Jesus, send Mamaw to my house, so she will help me pack my bags." Back to the drawing board.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment