Well, I am back full circle to the Raw eating that I love so much. I am going to try to not go entirely overboard (I am not yet making my own sprouted breads, live corn chips, or dehydrated live veggie patties) but I am not promising that I wont be there soon. Right now, I am eating Raw (all except for bread and salad dressing). It is just too hard to keep salad dressing that was made live at home in your purse for when you go out to eat. And I might not always have sprouted Ezekiel bread on hand, so I am allowing myself 100% whole wheat bread. I am always excited when I begin raw eating and think of all the nutrients I am eating with each bite. Unfortunately my attention span is short - and last time, a year was all I could do. After that, I just got bored. There aren't Raw restaurants here like in the big cities, and I don't have any rawist friends, so it is just me. I am glad there is a Vegetarian restaurant (Zen) here in the ICT, but it isn't raw, and it isn't on the west side. *sigh*
I have already lost weight, although I wont know how much, because I refuse to get on a scale. I will know when I have achieve my weight, and my eating and exercise are just maintaing my weight.
The kids LOVE raw fruits and veggies anyway, and I thought nuts would be a difficult transition, but turns out it isn't. They have scarfed up all the nuts I have given them, including walnuts. Go figure. And they enjoyed (almost as much as I do) tearing into a pomogranate for those tasty seeds. yummy.
Aaron is on board (he was ahead of the rest of us on the heathly lifestyle chages) but I am giving him steak in additon to tuna steak and salmon (which the kids also get) because Addie doen't like avacado, and Aaron wont eat avacado, sprouts and almonds with every meal. I however, could. I have added some of my favorite raw sites in my blog list, if you are curious of some of the delcious recipes. Even if you aren't a rawist, you will love them once in a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment