I am so amazed at the minds of children. When we took the kids out of preschool, I wasn't sure what to expect of our homeschooling adventure. But it has been awesome. They like school (for now, I hope I don't ruin it). The most amazing thing, is they are reading. Mainly CVC words (consonant vowel consonant words) that I think most all kids start off with. Cat, Mat, Pat, Pig, Big, Rig, Wet, Pet, Jet, you get the picture. They are excited about it. I think that if Addie could have spoken last year, she could have read then, but since she couldn't, I didn't really try to hard. But I see in Admiral that 3 is not too early, and he is loving reading books to me. So cute.
My friend Jen loaned me her 'Hooked onPhonics' set, and I looked through it tonight, and am excited about getting into it. I have a bit of anxiety about forgetting to teach them something, so I am happy to have a plan. I also ordered the K4 curriculum from A Beka Books, for the same reason. I don't want to leave anything out, or forget a stepping stone in the process. But now I am thinking I should have gotten the 1st grade set, but I don't know. Atleast, if I go in order, even if we go faster than we thought, I will know I didn't leave anything out. Anyway, I am loving this experience, and to see them doing things for the first time, and the excitement and confidence in their faces, is awesome.
p.s. am I missing something, or is there not a spell check in this blog. Any other users know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wouldn't it be nice if every program/website worked the same? In Blogger, there is a spell check. When you are composing your post, there are icons over the area where you type. The 4th from the right is a check mark with an abc - this is your spell check.
ReplyDelete