~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Friday, October 2, 2009

ahhhh, now that's more like it

We realized that everyday Addie had school she was acting up.  Calling names, "stupid head" and "stinky face" and even talking back to us.  I told her it was time to get out of the van, and she responded "I don't have to do what you tell me to".  I would spend the entire day correcting her, and the next day I would have my sweet girl back.  Then she returned to school and it started all over again.  Last wednesday her speech therapist noticed a change in her, and asked me about it.  I told her I noticed it, and that Aaron and I had discussed whether or not it was school. 

There is a girl in her class that speaks like that to others (and adults) and receives no discipline at home, and she is Addies "best friend".  So anyway, we prayed over it, pondered it, and observed her, and decided the best thing was to remove her.  That day we came home and made a list a house rules (with identifying pictures) and clear punishment for violating them.  They are all stemmed from her bad behavior - so I had a method of attack now.  Well things have drastically improved!  Just in the past few days I can see my little girl returning along with my sanity!!  So huge praise to the Lord for that.  And we will just homeschool a year earlier than planned.  Oh well.  We can also save money on gas as I was running all over the place before.

No comments:

Post a Comment