Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Big Day
Addie read her first 2 words today 'Fat Cat'. Pretty exciting. She seems to understand the concept of reading, which is great! Admiral can sound out the words on his own, but he isn't putting the sounds together fast enough to make out the word yet. And he isn't reading from right to left. Hopefully he will get that this year. I am very excited about this with Addie, because I they say apraxic kids have trouble reading. And although she still may when it comes to sentences - this is a step in the right direction. She does have some motor muscle planning trouble, and after she sounded out F-A-T, when she put them together she said, FAS first, then realized her mistake. I know this wont make sense to you, since you don't know the issues, but when I go back and read this, it will to me. : ) I hope she is able to attack that with the same determination she has speech, and she will be sequencing just fine very soon. All in all, a very exciting day. Good night all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment