~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A hurting world

About a year ago (Feb of 2009) I was given a song suggestion from a friend, Brandon Heath's 'Open My Eyes'.  It is an amazing song, you can hear it here if you like.  I began at that time to pray for this very thing.  "Lord give me your eyes for the broken hearted, give me your eyes so I can see".  For Him to "give me His love for humanity".  And I wasn't even remotely prepared for what was going to happen.  I have never been very emotional, or emotionally connected to others.  But suddenly I began to look around at a world that is so hurting and so lost, that I feel my own heart breaking.  I have watched the lives of so many people around me crumble. 

We know that Satan is given a sort of 'free reign' and if you didn't know the end of The Book, you would think Satan wins, because he is sure winning now.  I am literally broken hearted for my friends facing varying difficult relationship situations, suicide in the family, felony charges, abuse, disease of a child, and a struggle to survive day to day financially.  To those who have put their trust and faith in Christ, I can offer encouragement, but to those that haven't, I cry over the frustration.  The women around me are trying to deal in a world where men are not standing up to lead, and the women aren't obeying God's clear word.  (I wont go into all the reasons I see-why they aren't, James Dobson has covered that topic already)  It is easy for me to look at the world and say "that is why God has given us instruction" I am not right in the middle of it.  I am very proud of the witness some Christians are being, with their lives.  I see the turmoil is missing, and instead they get to experience true joy.  God wants us to feel joy.

Psalm 34:15-18 (New International Version)

15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry; 16 the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. 18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Most of these situations, people have chosen to surround themselves with people who are poor influences, are fully apart of the world, and seeking all the false hope, happiness and lies it comes with.  I want to shake the globe and awaken the people.  I know this is how God feels. 

Psalm 1:1-2  (NIV)  1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

I pray we all turn from our evil ways, and choose what is right, good and Holy.  That we all experience true happiness in the Lord Jesus Christ.  That the truth of the scriptures if opened up to us all and we can finally see what Satan's plan really is.  I want to rejoice with my friends and family over the blessed life God has given us - and not cry over the struggles we have brought upon ourselves.  These struggles are easily avoidable.  For those of us not going through a trial at this time, I pray we don't, and that we don't take our eyes off the prize.  Hugs to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment