~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just a hair off 20

My friend Kerri and I decided to join Weight Watchers.  It was actually at the prompting of another friend, and I am so happy she did.  It has been great.  I thought I would be embarrassed to go to meetings.  I always thought that a 'support group' was lame and unnecessary.  But I love it!  We laughed a bit the first night, and were perhaps too sarcastic, but it is old hat now.  Kerri is doing great, and thankfully for her, she has a lot less to lose than I do.  But I am proud to say that I have lost 19.8 pounds as of my weigh-in tonight.  When I realized how close I was to 20 pounds, I wished I hadn't eaten at all yesterday, I could have had it!!!  But there is always next week.  This week was the completion of 5 weeks for us.  Other than eating raw (which wasn't for dieting purposes) this is the longest "diet" er uh "lifestyle change" I have ever made for the goal of weight loss.  I am not going to make any great claims like, "I am never going back" or "after this, I wont have to diet anymore" because we all know where that lands me.  At the dinner table eating a huge helping of my own words.  But I will say, that it has been easy, delicious, and successful.  So with that, I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment