~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Talkin' marriage

The kids that is.  They have been talking a lot about being married, and Adalie's rainbow house (I think I mentioned it here before) that she is going to build and paint herself.  It dawned on me during one of their talks, that they think they will marry eachother!  So one night during a discussion, I told Adalie, "you aren't going to marry Admiral, he's your brother".  She responds "I'm not? (in total shock) who will I marry?"  "I don't know, we pray about who that person will be, and that God is preparing them for you right now."  She says "you mean it will be a stranger? (again, shocked)".  "Yes, honey, but God knows who it will be, so don't worry about it - in fact you never have to worry about it".  Ok, done with that for tonight.  Good enough.

Then a few days ago, it came up again, but it was Admiral this time talking in the other room.  And I was about to jump in when I hear Addie say "No, Admiral, mom says I am not going to marry you"  And the same conversation takes place and she says "I don't know, mom says it will be a stranger".  I am now in the room listening and watching, and Admiral has this strange look on his face, like he thinks this is the weirdest thing ever.  So he turns to me and says "I am going to marry Macy".  Just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment