Yes, it is true. My folks sold their ranch, and they have a contract on a new place. No, it isn't close by, but it is closer. It will make the trips to see them so much more plesant. They are awaiting the closing on 818 acres in Seymore, Texas. Which is very close to where we are all from in Wichita Falls. In fact when I was in college, I got into an accident driving from Lubbock to see my Granny in WF and was taken to the hospital in Seymore. So I can't wait to visit the hospital when I get there. Ah, memories.
We are praying that everything goes through smoothly. The guy that is selling it to them, is actually in the process of buying it right now. He is going to turn around and sell it to my folks. My Papa and brother went up to buy this property a few weeks ago, and although they had cash in hand, ready to buy, they owner wouldn't see it because the banker had someone on the way to buy all the property (3 parcels) and wasn't willing to sell the larger piece that day. Thankfully for them, it worked out that the guy wants to turn a profit. So here we are. It has 1 mile frontage of the Brazos river so I can't wait to get there to tear around on ATV's. Unfortunately there are rattlesnakes, but on the bright side there are hogs still. LOL
I will send out pictures later, and invites to join me for a weekend trip soon. For now, I am just thrilled that my last 20 hour car trip to see them will be coming up! I wonder though, will it now be called H River Ranch??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment