We thought that perhaps Addie needed vision therapy. She trips often, falls when she runs, doesn't seem to be developing at the rate of the other kids her age. Her therapist has asked us for years to take her to physical therapy, but we didn't see the need. She can jump, run, catch, thread beads, etc... What is it that she can't do? Nothing. So why would be spend the time/money. Anyway, T-ball has made us think twice about this. Maybe her eyes aren't tracking together??? So we took her to the optomistist for a full eye exam. The doctor told me "she tracks fine, in fact I don't think she needs therapy at all". Ah Ha! I think, we were right all along. Then he said, "she just can't see". What? Excuse me? Did you just say she can't see??? Oh, I felt like the world's worst parent. She is almost 5 years old for goodness sake. He said she has extreme astigmatism and can't see close up or far away. Poor baby.
So, she got glasses:
I was so jealous, I always wanted to have glasses when I was little. She looks so good in them. It is like her face was made for them. Admiral was very jealous and wanted to get them too. I took him the next week, and he also has astigmatism and is far sighted, but right now the glasses wont improve his eye sight enough to wear them. But the Dr said to expect them next year. He was so sad. We left and got him superman sunglasses to feel better. I don't know how you make one child feel good about having them, and the other feel good about not having them. tricky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment