I was going to make her cake, but when I went to buy the supplies, I realized that I could buy this one (tweaked a little) from the bakery at $4 less than I could make one. And I saved myself the trouble - sold. She received a lot of thoughtful and fun gifts. A Zhu Zhu pet and house, horse in a purse, balerina doll that dances on her feet, bubbles, water gun, moon sand, Jesse and Bullseye dolls and we got her a Guinea Pig. Here she is later with Mrs. Daisy:
It is a really great pet. Perfect for her. She brushes her hair, carries her around everywhere, and so far is really responsible about putting her back into the cage when she is done playing with her. We got her a playpen for Mrs. Daisy, so when she and Admiral are playing in the playroom, Mrs. Daisy can be safely playing next to her. Very cute. Addie is a good mommy, and the Guinea Pig is a good sport. Of course - what's she gonna say 'bout it? Because we foster animals (some sick) from the Humane Society, when Addie got her she said "do I get to keep her?" and then asked "is she sick?". LOL So we had to explain that this is her pet, that we bought, to keep forever, and she is very healthy.
Addie's friend party was at Acrobatic Academy where she and Admiral used to take gymnastic lessons. 4 of her friends cancelled last minute, but she still had a crowd, and had a great time. They played parachute games. Here is Addie and her friend Sophia waiting to be "spun in the washing machine".
They also had this rope that the kids used to swing out into the foam pit. Most of the kids had trouble with this, except Macy (way to go Macy), who just flew out and dropped right in like a pro. Addie however sort of drug along the mat and fell face first before ever reaching the pit. Here is Admiral giving it a try and getting some help. The next time, he actually did it all on his own. The kids enjoyed it, even though they weren't all successful. I even have some cute pictures of Baby Belle in the pit, and Lauren on the trampoline, but can't upload them all to here.
I remember my 5th birthday, in the Holiday Inn in Waco, because we just moved there and didn't have a house yet. I hope that Addie will remember this year and treasure all her memories of her friends. Especially Jack, Sophia and Isabella who are moving to Lawrence next month. Addie is already sad about it, but we are so glad they came to the party to be apart of her memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment