~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

American Dad

I really think that Aaron had the quintessential American dad moment last night.  A year ago for Admiral's 2nd birthday he (and Addie) got a Big Wheel.  But they are just too big, in fact they are still a bit big even for Addie.  Admiral has been riding the Radio Flyer trike that was Addie's before she got her new bike.  That was the coveted trike until her new bike arrived on the scene.  Now the evenings are filled with Admiral's whimpering "Can I ride Adalie's bike?"  So back to my point.  Last night Aaron made blocks for Admiral's Big Wheel.  Then we took his crocs and taped them to the blocks and pedals so his feet wouldn't slip out. 

He was off!  He was speeding around the drive way at break neck speed.  He rode like that for an hour.  It was late into the night and long past bed time when he finally was forced to stop and come to bed.  So on September 8th, 2009 Admiral joined the ranks of all those kids from the 50's that rode their bikes with blocks, and Aaron is officially the American Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment