"Please stand if you think you are here for just a cyst" - "not so fast Cherish". Do you remember that old joke? Well, that was me today. I thought I was going in to see what it was. Turns out I should have done some reading up on the subject first, because I was apparently going in to see if the tumor (let's call it Noddy) is benign or cancerous. Let's look back on what we know...it isn't a shadow...it isn't a misread....is isn't a clogged duct...it isn't a cyst.....I look forward to tomorrow when I can write....it isn't cancerous. But for tonight, I am just a little sore looking for some rest.
It was a Vacuum-assisted core biopsy. I wont go into too much detail, but it turns out that Noddy is in the only sensitive part of the breast, and they can't numb anywhere but where the needle goes in. So it was excruciatingly painful. He also nicked a blood vessel so it was messy too. I never want to do that again. And after it was over, they implated a titanium pin so they will know from now on that if they see that spot, they will know they have already investigated it. So I was cut, poked, proded, extracted, implanted and then had to have ANOTHER mammogram to "document" the location of the pin.
I am grateful Aaron went with me - he is such a strong source of support. He was only able to hold my foot, but that was enough, I knew he was there. When it was over he told the doctor "I know now, I am NEVER getting a mammogram". LOL Thank you for all your calls and concerns, and to my sweet friend Kendi for dinner. I will let you know tomorrow after I get the results. God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment