In our house there is a microcosm of the world as a whole. I always knew that mom's were the doctor's, teachers, maid service, and chauffeur - what I didn't know is that all aspects of the world as a whole are played out in this small scale organization called family. It turns out that I am the police officer that "arrests" the children and brings them before the judge. The other child (not on trial) becomes the prosecuting attorney yelling out all the things that were in violation as the guilty child becomes their own defense attorney. The judge (Aaron) the listens to all sides and makes a ruling using wisdom and being just. This of course if he is home. If not, then I am the officer, the prosecting attorney and the judge, and they are found guilty often by a jury of their peers.
Later I become a world class chef, you know *wink*, and the children are suddenly food critics for the New York Times giving their opinion on every dish, flavor, and food temperature. Thankfully dad is the critic whose reviews are always soft - he can't be trusted because he is bias. I also often see that I am the motivational speaker trying to encourage this spall group to keep trying, acheive goals, and try your best, but when I look out into them, the kids are like the people in the crowd and one is sleeping, and the other is doodling on their flyer. Is it all hopeless...or is this the real life training they are receiving so the world doesn't seem so shocking. They will eventually say, 'I don't mind that harsh professor (or boss) my boss growing up yelled at me all the time to 'get to work' I am used to it". Ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment