~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The kids are kids

I have had a moment with both children this week where I realized that they are growing up.  Their faces are changing, they are taller, addie's hair is longer, they are thinning out, etc... 

Admiral ran out of the toddler play area at church last Sunday, and ran down a hall to get to us.  I don't know what age I was envisioning before he came around the corner, but I had a younger image of him.  I was taken back when I realized what he actually looked like right now, it was so much older. 

Adalie was standing in front of me, looking in the mirror while I was brushing her hair.  Apparently something we haven't done in that position for 6 months, because I was again amazed how much older she looked.  I mentioned it to her, that she was already looking like a 5 year old, and I was amazed how fast she was growing.  She said "don't worry mommy, I decided I am not going to grow any taller". 

I think I have just been busy with 'this' or 'that' and haven't stopped to really look at them lately.  Or perhaps they just changed overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment