~Howdy Y'all~

Am I the only one...surely not....please tell me I am not.
AH, come on! Really?! Well, then that's it then I guess.

Friday, January 29, 2010

"please can we have a puppy"

I hear this request a lot in our house.  Actually it is usually Addie saying "I can't wait until Admiral is old enough to have a puppy".  We just aren't quite ready to have another full time pet.  So instead, I asked Aaron about becoming a foster parent to the Kansas Humane Society.  He said that would be ok, if I wanted to gather more information about it.  I was happy with what I found out, I think it will be good for us.  It is often puppies and kittens that need homes until they are old enough to be in the shelter.  Or a pregnant animal that needs a place to deliver.  There is the option of keeping any animal they have a need for, but they post the animals on a web site, and you just call them when you see one that you are willing to host.  They supply all the food, litter, crates, etc...

We have to wait a week, for our license to process, but after that, we are in business.  The kids are super excited, they understand we are going to provide a home and lots of love to someone elses pet until they can take it.  They are ready and keep asking, when?  If we do get puppies or kittens, you are welcome to stop by anytime and play with/pet them.  Our door is always open, and our house always messy.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment